Dream BIG. Build your career story.
This page contains a selection of investigation jobs advertised externally. We’ve chosen some to show you what great roles there are in this industry, whether you’re looking for work as a private investigator, government/corporate investigator, work, health and safety or in many of the roles in the justice system.
Another good way to see what’s out there is to hop onto www.seek.com and type in the role you’re looking for. Type in “Investigator” and see what comes up!
We’ve also included some short videos of real investigators working across industry and government. Check them out to see what it’s really like.
Here’s a great entry level compliance role in local government as a local laws trainee. You’ll conduct animal management investigations; help reunite animals with their families; and inv...
- Previous experience in a Ranger role
- Knowledge of the relevant Acts, Regulations and Local Laws applicable to Ranger Services, as well as they ability to research and interpret legislative requirements.
- National Police Clearance
- Current ‘C’ class drivers license
- Rights to work in Australia
Great role here in local government compliance for an experienced Ranger, in the beautiful spot of Port Headland. You will be responsible for animal management, compliance patrols, conducting fire and...
An outstanding opportunity here from our friends at Bluescope for a new role as Investigations Officer. You’ll support the Head of Investigations in administering the BlueScope Speak Up external...
Here’s a surveillance opportunity, of sorts. The new Star casino Brisbane is looking for operatives in a variety of roles. And, you get a free meal on shift! They will have a variety of r...
A role as a Senior Investigator with the Department of Industrial Relations in Queensland. In this role you will investigate non-compliance with the work health and safety legislation and provide lea...
Here a great role in a top location! Working as a Ranger, you’ll regularly undertake offshore patrols by vessel or light aircraft to conduct inspections and investigations at islands, reefs, and...
Here’s a solid investigative role with the Queensland state government in liquor and gaming regulation. And it’s it a beautiful spot in north Queensland! You’ll undertake supervised investigatio...
Interested in digital forensics and cyber crime? Here’s a great civilian role with police doing just that! In this job you’ll assist investigators with the search, seizure and preservation...
Child protection and safeguarding roles as an investigator are common across government and non-government sectors. Here’s one on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. These types of role require traine...
- High level of personal integrity and ability to work in an extremely restricted and confidential environment
- Strong mathematical aptitude as well as moderate to advanced computer skills
- Knowledge relating to CCTV, Security, alarm systems and other job-related programmes and systems would be beneficial
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain trust within a team environment
- Sharp observation and retentive memory skills
- Self-discipline and the ability to follow regimented procedures
- Demonstrated ability to learn new processes and systems
- Currently hold or be eligible to obtain a Queensland Casino Licence (CE) or Queensland Key Employee Casino Licence (KE)
- Available to work 24/7 including weekends and Public Holiday’s
Here one that’s not strictly investigation related, but involves static surveillance utilising technology including CCTV. What are they looking for? High level of personal integrity and a...
The RSPCA have fantastic investigative roles in animal protection, including this one as an Inspector. In these roles you’ll investigate animal cruelty complaints, provide guidance to animal own...
- Assessing matters for potential contraventions of the Fair Work Act
- Gathering and analysing information to determine compliance with workplace laws
- Conducting site inspections and interviews with witnesses
- Exercising statutory compliance powers
- Preparing concise and accurate reports
- Providing excellent customer service.
The Fair Work Commission is currently advertising roles across the country for investigators! This is challenging and interesting work that will require a certificate IV in government investigations. ...
- Qualifications in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Health, Investigations or similar.
- General level of knowledge and understanding of legislation including the Environmental Protection Act, Local Government Act, Planning Act, Waste Reduction and Recycling Act, State Penalties Enforcement Act and other Acts relevant to the role.
- General level of knowledge of the principles, concepts and challenges faced by illegal dumping in regional areas, with the ability to provide recommendations.
- Ability to review, interpret and analyse information including legislation, technical reports, standards and policies.
- Sound level of professional judgment and discretion to determine appropriate compliance action when work practices are available and not defined or in time pressured situations.
- General level communication skills, including the ability to engage with people from a range of backgrounds to raise awareness of evolving issues of illegal dumping.
- Current unrestricted Queensland “C” class drivers’ licence.
- Authorised Persons card (TCC) or ability to obtain.
- Asbestos awareness training or ability to obtain.
Another top local government role here, this time in Illegal Dumping. These types of investigations can be challenging and rewarding, where you have the opportunity to utilise all your good investigat...
Here’s a great civilian investigators role, this time with the NSW Police Force. You’ll be responsible for conducting complex investigations, audits and operations and taking appropriate enforceme...
- a current NSW Driver Licence
- a satisfactory National Criminal History Check
- a current First Aid certificate
- be physically and medically fit
- acknowledge that you must successfully complete recertification training every 2 years (or as amended from time to time).
Start your career in law enforcement with this role as a Sheriff’s Officer with the NSW Sheriff’s Office. You’ll be responsible for undertaking law enforcement duties such as servi...