Dream BIG. Build your career story.
This page contains a selection of investigation jobs advertised externally. We’ve chosen some to show you what great roles there are in this industry, whether you’re looking for work as a private investigator, government/corporate investigator, work, health and safety or in many of the roles in the justice system.
Another good way to see what’s out there is to hop onto www.seek.com and type in the role you’re looking for. Type in “Investigator” and see what comes up!
We’ve also included some short videos of real investigators working across industry and government. Check them out to see what it’s really like.
To learn more about what careers are out there in the world of investigation,
hear some more career snapshots.
- experience in a compliance or regulatory environment undertaking investigations, preparing reports and/or briefs of evidence with the ability to undertake analysis and reporting of data.
- demonstrated conceptual problem-solving skills and ability to analyse information and make sound decisions.
- proven communications skills, both written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- demonstrated experience working as an Investigations officer, a Cert IV in Government investigations or higher qualifications.
The Investigations Officer is part of the Victorian Building Authorities Investigations team and is responsible for assessing and investigating referrals from a range of internal and external sources....
Here’s some great investigation roles across Queensland with a state government department. The QBFP enforces fisheries and boating safety laws through surveillance, investigation and inspection...
A fantastic local government investigation opportunity here in Queensland. You’ll Lead a team of seven Investigations Officers, you’ll will drive, coach and develop officers and provide specialist...
Here’s some more great investigation roles if you have an interest in animal welfare. This role will be responsible for responding to reports of animal cruelty including case management, conducting ...
- Think critically, make justifiable decisions and act upon them through all stages of an investigation. This includes your ability to objectively question, analyse, interpret, and evaluate what you read, hear and collect as evidence.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake high quality investigations, using contemporary investigative techniques and technologies, in a timely way, particularly in the context of corruption and misconduct.
- Use your written and oral communications skills to synthesise evidence and information to deliver clear, concise and accurate insights, conclusions and recommendations that are justifiable and evidence based.
- Demonstrate the ability to rapidly acquire and apply knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures.
Have an interest in corruption and misconduct. This state corruption agency is seeking an investigator. The ideal applicant will demonstrate capability in the following requirements: Think criticall...
- Provide administration support.
- Review, register and prioritise incoming correspondence and files to determine required action.
- Check outgoing correspondence for content and policy and amend where necessary.
- Advise the manager of important or urgent matters requiring personal attention or action.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Carry out all administrative duties as requested.
- Take minutes at various meetings.
- Manage appointment diary on behalf of management.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all documentation handled and maintain a secure filing system.
- Liaise with officers at all levels within both public and private sectors in relation to the unit's activities.
- Manage own workflow by negotiating and confirming work priorities for work completion in consideration of the needs of other officers.
- Intelligence Support to Internal and External agencies.
- Knowledge and use of security classifications.
- Assistance and support in relation to the management and administrative support to the Prisoner Telephone System.
- HR support and reporting.
- Fleet Management.
- Arrange meetings, conferences, appointments and travel.
- Schedule meetings and organise teleconferencing if necessary.
- Book meeting and conference rooms.
- Book travel including accommodation, car hire and flights.
- General administrative tasks.
- Provide support and advice to other staff on administrative issues and assist with the preparation of briefs, memorandums, submissions and executive and ministerial correspondence.
- Manage and provide administrative functions and high quality, confidential secretarial support for the Branch as required.
- Screen telephone calls and redirect enquiries to appropriate areas of the Branch and Agency.
- Undertake procurement and financial processing duties requiring financial reporting, purchase orders, corporate card reconciliation and monitoring of transactions.
- Word processing and spreadsheeting.
- Photocopying and faxing.
- Maintain filing and recording system.
- Ensure the security of files and appropriate access to the files by relevant staff and approved external agencies.
Here’s a great entry level opportunity for an investigator in a state government role! The Support Officer Intelligence & Investigations will: Provide administration support. Review, registe...
Another great state government based role, this time within the building compliance sector. You’ll be responsible for assessing and investigating referrals from a range of internal and external sour...
Here’s a fantastic role for a motivated investigator to work with a small Federal agency, investigating heavy vehicle chain-of-responsibility. You’ll need superior interviewing and evidence gather...
This role with a state government education department will involves undertaking complex regulatory activities, making recommendations and decisions that support the Regulatory Authority to undertake ...
- Investigate complaints effectively and efficiently, in line with organisational policies and procedures to ensure investigations are completed within 12 months.
- Use best practice investigation planning methodologies to ensure all available evidence is identified and sourced in an appropriate manner and appropriately documented in accordance with organisational policy.
- Prepare and submit high quality briefs-of-evidence and investigation reports with recommendations regarding the prosecution of health service providers.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to obtain information to support the investigations processes and enhance service delivery.
This exciting role as an Investigations Officer is responsible for undertaking timely and high-quality investigations of health service complaints against health services and health practitioners in Q...
Undertake investigations relating to allegations of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation, or the appropriateness and adequacy of decision making arrangements of adults with impaired decision-making capa...
So many federal government opportunities for investigators! The NDIS is always on the lookout for compliance staff across it’s many responsibilities. In this role you’ll lead investigations and co...
This investigation firm is seeking sub-contract and full-time investigators for their firm. You’ll be involved in investigating referred matters relating to general insurance, Compulsory Third Party...
This Federal Government Authority is looking for an Employee Relations Advisor where, as part of your role, you’ll investigate misconduct, bullying and sexual harassment, fraud and related matters. ...
Here’s a great local government compliance role in a remote part of Australia, the Kimberley. You will be responsible for assisting to initiate and implement enforcement of the Dog Act 1976, Cat...
Queensland’s Department of Transport provide investigation and compliance opportunities across a range of areas, including traffic investigations.
Here’s a Victorian Police Force video about the role of a detective
Senior Environmental Compliance Officer: Josh
Rangers perform duties such as environmental management, protection investigations and compliance with legislation.
DAF Careers: Matt
RSPCA Careers: Pet Inspectors