Talk about great places to work! You’ll need a certificate IV in government Investigations for this island based role as a Biosecurity Officer. You’ll conduct regulatory biosecurity activ...
- using specialist technical, scientific, and other expert evidence
- taking witness statements
- conducting formal records of interview
- executing search warrants and utilising regulatory powers
- summonsing and preparing witnesses for court appearance
- conducting site inspections
- Prepare briefs of evidence where litigation is a likely outcome of the alleged non-compliance
- Effectively utilise the online case management system
- Work closely with lawyers to ensure a collaborative approach
A state government criminal investigative role where your certificate IV in government investigations will be a must! In this role you’ll lead complex environmental investigations of high-level offe...
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of animal management and amenity standards within the municipality, through the enforcement of legislative controls relating to: animalcontrol, local law activity, land use,school crossing supervision and public safety.
- To provide advice and assistance to members of the community and general public in regard to policies and legislation governing animal management, Council local laws and matters of public safety.
- Investigating dog attacks/rushes and other complex matters under the Domestic Animal Act 1994.
- Contribute to Councils animal management service which includes containing loose dogs, livestock and ensuring that regulations and codes of practices are adhered to by animal owners and Domestic Animal Businesses.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Councils Domestic Animal Management Plan.
Love animals? Who doesn’t! A great role here for a Senior Animal Ranger in Victoria with local government. You’ll work with the community with regard to policies and legislation governing ...
- Investigating incidents resulting in, or giving rise to a risk of, serious injury or death and other complex work health and safety (WHS) issues in the NSW mining industry including:
- forensic examination and recording of incident scenes
- interviewing witnesses and WHS duty holders from workers through to officers
- drafting regulatory notices compelling the provision of information and documents and answers to questions
- detailed analysis of evidence to identify causes of an incident and breaches of WHS duties
- Preparing audience focused, professional and high-quality investigation reports setting out:
- factual matters
- relevant WHS duties and potential breaches
- the level of compliance with WHS duties
- reasonably practicable measures available to control WHS risks
- Ethically exercising the powers of an Inspector under the WHS Act 2011 and related legislation
- Assisting in the development of content for material published for the benefit of industry including investigation information releases, investigation reports and animations
- Participating in prosecution proceedings, including:
- Preparation of quality briefs of evidence
- Review of legal advice and legal documents to initiate prosecution proceedings
- Preparation of statements
- Giving evidence in complex proceedings.
Here’s another great investigation role in work health and safety! You be responsible for Investigating incidents resulting in, or giving rise to a risk of, serious injury or death and other co...
The RolesONI is seeking experienced leaders with linguistic and subject matter expertise on China, Southeast Asia or the Pacific to work across our open source functions. As an Open Source Regional Analysis team lead you will:
- Lead a small team of open source language analysts to deliver high quality open source intelligence.
- Collect material from publicly accessible sources, including foreign news media, social media and online multimedia, to address government intelligence priorities.
- Lead the development of team tradecraft, including social media exploitation, quantitative and qualitative analysis and relevant language skills.
- Produce innovative open source analysis and research.
- Develop and maintain productive networks within ONI and across the National Intelligence Community.
Into Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)? Even know what OSINT is? Here’s some great roles collecting intelligence to help our national security! For students, Career our Mark Woods spoke al...
- Senior Administrative Investigator
- Senior Criminal Investigator
Here’s some great role at a federal level with Services Australia. They are advertising for a Senior Criminal Investigator and a Senior Administrative Investigator. You’ll need a certifica...
- Civil Construction
- General (retail, hospitality, education sectors etc)
- Labour Hire Licensing
- Workers' Compensation
- Investigations, and
- Occupational Hygiene
Here’s some fantastic roles in work health and safety, where you’ll get to showcase your investigative skills! It would be handy to have your certificate IV in government investigations fo...
Two positions for local government Rangers in the remote northwest of the country. Six weeks leave, $5000 relocation allowance and $20,000 on top if your salary each year. What a fantastic role!  ...
Here’s an interesting surveillance role in the land of the long white cloud! And, according to the criteria, you don’t need to be a NZ citizen (but check out the criteria). You’ll be part of...
Eight positions for investigators in Western Australia! These roles are for Coronial investigators where you’ll undertake investigations in accordance with the WA Police Force’s Investigation Doct...
- The Ranger Team is responsible for community education and regulatory functions associated with the Companion Animals Act, Local Government Act, Road Transport (General) Act, Australian Road Rules, Public Spaces (Unattended Property) Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and the Protection of the Environment Operations Act
- You will look after people and places, using your effective customer service skills to communicate with members of the public while managing demanding situations to protect our community, environment and animals
- The role provides a balance between working in the field and completing professional reports in the office
- As part of your duties, you will be required to respond to a range of compliance related issues that you will investigate under applicable legislation
- The work environment is busy, has competing demands and requires well developed time management skills. To be successful in this role you will have:
- A passion for the natural environment and community
- Experience in the preparation of correspondence and reports
- Experience or an interest in the care of animals and effective animal handling techniques including the capture of livestock, cats and aggressive or dangerous dogs
- Experience in or a willingness to learn, regulatory or enforcement functions
- Competence in the interpretation and application of legislation
- Current unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence.
This week’s cracking local government role is in the gorgeous far north coast of NSW. This council is looking for two Rangers, who’ll be responsible for a range of areas including animal ...
Love fishing? Here’s a role providing compliance with fishing legislation. You’ll Undertake compliance activities including surveillance and evidence collection, Prepare evidence, offen...
Border Force are looking to fill up to 50 positions immediately for training as a Border Force Officer! You’ll be required to attend training at a range of locations, participate in on-the-job train...
Want to work in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef? Here’s a cracking local government role where you’ll deliver and assist with the coordination and implementation of Local Law activities in acc...
- Undertake case investigations into alleged breaches of legislation for which QBCC is responsible for administering and regulating, and take appropriate action, including job site operations and investigations.
- Prepare investigation plans and manage high-volume of investigative case loads.
- Use best-practice investigative techniques, including offence elementisation, formulation of evidence matrices, preparation of witness statements and affidavits and conducting records of interviews.
- Prepare briefs of evidence for use in disciplinary, civil and criminal proceedings.
- Investigate cases and make decisions and recommendations using case investigations skills including research, problem solving, planning and report writing, including undertaking job site operations and investigations.
- Apply, interpret and provide advice on and implement legislation and policy.
- Use communication and problem solving techniques to achieve innovation and deliver and promote quality customer service.
- Contribute to the team to achieve outcomes and effective work relationships.
Fantastic role here on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, as a Compliance Investigations Officer with the Building Industry Regulator. You’ll Undertake case investigations into alleged b...