Here’s a great entry level role for those interested in completing our Certificate IV in Justice Studies. Bailiff’s work in the court system and manage activities on and around courts, including juries, lawyers and visitors.
- Provide information to members of the public, jurors and other internal stakeholders about Court and Registry services.
- Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Queensland Courts and Queensland Court Services Registries.
- Comply with administrative systems and processes relating to the operation of the Court and Registries to ensure the delivery of quality services to relevant clients and stakeholders.
- Prepare, process and manage correspondence, court documents, exhibits, and documents of an administrative/financial nature in accordance with legislation and departmental policies and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use, update and monitor relevant databases, registers and files, ensuring accuracy of data and that systems are used in line with departmental guidelines.
- Perform Bailiff role in the courtroom including:
o Unlock and prepare courtrooms for the scheduled sittings;
o Make proclamations when opening, adjourning, resuming and closing courts;
o Administer oaths and affirmations to jurors, witnesses and interpreters;
o Maintain security, care and control of jurors;
o Hand out exhibits and other documents in court as required;
o Test and operate courtroom technology and equipment.
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the Registrar or Senior Registrar.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.