Animal Control Officer
“Here’s a great opportunity to join a local council in animal management in one of the remotest parts of Queensland. Beautiful country and a fantastic opportunity!”
- Subsidised accommodation
- Relocation & flights
- Fantastic Opportunity to work & live in the Cape
Our client is a well-managed, remote organisation located on the West Coast of the pristine Cape York Peninsula where the fishing is great and the sunsets sublime.
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, you will manage and maintain the many aspects of domestic animals and holding facilities.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Certificate IV in Animal Control and Regulation or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of animal behaviour, control, and identification
- An understanding of legislation, or ability to acquire legislative knowledge of Council Local Laws and Keeping and Control of Animals
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team to collaboratively achieve positive outcomes
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Office programs.
- Experience living and working in a remote community (Desirable)
- Class C Drivers Licence (manual)
- Senior First Aid Certificate or ability to acquire
- Handling hazardous chemicals certificate
- Firearm License
Applications in Word format should be forwarded to us by clicking APPLY For a confidential discussion or a copy of the position description you are welcome to call Sandy on (07) 4034 5000.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
With offices in Cairns and Townsville, Precruitment is Regional Queensland’s leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in permanent and temporary roles. With a focus on administration and professional talent, we are selected suppliers to local businesses, Queensland Government, Government Owned Corporations and Local Government. We have a broad client base throughout Regional, North and Western Queensland.
Speak to the professionals who actually live and work in the Queensland Regions. Lifestyle and Career – you can have it all!
|Job Category||Animal Control, Community Roles, Conservation, Farming, Local Laws|