Federal government investigative roles come up frequently all across the country. Like this one! APS 6 – Senior Investigator
Did you know that the new Australian Government Investigation Standards (AGIS) hold the Certificate IV in Government Investigations as the minimum standard of training for investigators?
The Department of Social Services (DSS) develops policies and delivers programs that support the lifetime wellbeing of Australians and their families. Our vision is to achieve the best health, wellbeing and safety of all Australians.
Successful candidates will:
- lead complex investigations into fraud allegations involving the department and its programs
- collect, secure and manage evidence in accordance with departmental policy and procedures
- conduct interviews with witnesses and prepare detailed witness statements
- conduct records or interviews (RoI’s) with suspects of alleged offences
- prepare affidavits and organise search warrant activities
- produce high quality internal investigation reports
- prepare briefs of evidence to facilitate criminal prosecutions
- liaise with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (CDPP), follow up on requisitions, and provide regular updates in relation to relevant prosecution matters
- maintain relationships internal and external agencies and stakeholders
- conduct interstate travel to facilitate operational duties.