Interesting local government role in biosecurity.
• Temporary Full-Time position until February 2023
• Based at the Clifton Service Centre
• Participates in a 9 day fortnight working arrangement
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC AND MOTIVATED BIOSECURITY COMPLIANCE OFFICER LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
About the role
- The Biosecurity Compliance Officer will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of specific pest management programs in order to deliver services consistent with the Toowoomba Region Biosecurity Plan and the Biosecurity Act 2014. This includes planning, compliance and enforcement and strategic control programs with a diverse range of community groups and landholders.
- The Salary Range for this position is $72,555.84 – $77,602.25 gross per annum plus 17.5% annual leave loading and up to 12.4% superannuation.
- This position offers a genuine work life balance by participating in a nine (9) day fortnight working arrangement.
- This is a temporary, full-time position until February 2023 located at the Clifton Service Centre.
How to be successful in this position – Success Criteria
- Hold the mandatory qualification(s), training and/or experience as outlined under the ‘Position Success Criteria’ in the Position Description (attached).
- Demonstrated project management experience, including record keeping, preparation of operational reports and maintenance of registers and collection of spatial data.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to contribute knowledge in establishing programs and/or projects related to pest management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience and skills in liaison, negotiation and conflict resolution with customers and stakeholders with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills in managing competing priorities with the ability to provide specialist technical pest management advice and apply knowledge appropriate to work in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated high level of organisational skills including the capacity to set priorities, plan and undertake field educational and awareness days and work to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to set outcomes and complete projects efficiently from end to end.
- Demonstrated experience related to the delivery of advice and development of strategic pest management plans and programs integrated pest management.
- High-level problem-solving skills and research/analytical ability including the ability to obtain and interpret information and make specific recommendations or present findings.
- Sound computer literacy skills including the capacity to effectively use email, word processing, web searching, and spatial data systems, excel and power point.
- Sound knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to the Biosecurity Act 2014 and a demonstrated understanding / experience of inspection programs, policies and enforcement of compliance with legislation.
- The ability to ensure all work is performed to meet safety legislative requirements and responsibilities of Council. This includes complying with all workplace instructions and procedures, using protective equipment provided and not placing any peoples’ safety at risk by your actions.
- Experienced in the use of Geographic Information Systems and Global positioning Systems as a tool for pest management mapping, planning and monitoring.
- Understanding of and commitment to Council’s Organisational Values and Behaviour of Teamwork.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
- A completed Success Criteria Checklist (template attached); and
- Your current resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Your application may not be considered if you do not follow the instructions outlined above.
Visit our website www.tr.qld.gov.au/jobs for information on how to apply for jobs at Toowoomba Regional Council. Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
For further information
Please contact Matt Love on 0457 755 153 within business hours.
The closing date for applications is at 11.45pm on Monday, 14 March 2022.