This role undertakes compliance activities including investigations and inspections and provides support to Investigators in targeted operations to ensure and enhance compliance with relevant legislation. Certificate IV required.
Role: Compliance Officer
Duration: 1 x Ongoing and 1 x temporary, up to 12 months
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th July 2021 (9:59 AM)
Better Regulation Division (BRD) works across a broad portfolio of functions and projects to deliver better regulation in NSW. Regulations that are modern, innovative and collaborative, competitive for businesses, responsive to our customers’ needs, protect the community we serve and give people confidence to engage in economic and social activities. Our vision is for a safer community and a vibrant economy, supported by better regulation.
Within BRD, the Long Service Corporation manages building and construction industry and contract cleaning industry portable long service schemes.
An opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Officer to join the LSC team to undertake compliance activities including investigations and inspections and provide support to Investigators in targeted operations to ensure and enhance compliance with relevant legislation.
• Undertaking investigations and inspections to determine scheme eligibility, adjust worker service records and entitlements, prepare reports and make recommendations for further actions;
• Preparing complex correspondence to clients explaining outcomes of investigations/inspections and appeal rights;
• Assisting the Investigators in finalising actions resulting from complex investigations and inspections;
• Conducting research using external construction industry databases to identify non-payment of levies; and
• Undertaking negotiations with clients for payment of outstanding levies in line with legislation and policies.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Demonstrate use of sound judgement and discretionary skills to ensure that decisions, actions and outcomes are delivered in accordance with legislative requirements and appropriate delegations;
• Experience managing competing priorities in a diverse customer service and regulatory environment;
• Proven experience communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and industry partners;
• Certificate IV in Government Investigations (or equivalent experience) or preparedness to undertake an identical or similar employer-sponsored program and
• A current Driver’s licence.
For any enquiries about the role please contact Lucy Sutton, Coordinator Compliance on (02) 9372 8626.
Salary Grade 5/6, with the base salary for this role starting at $85,744 plus superannuation.
Understand more about the Department of Customer Service. Take a look at the Department of Customer Service website at https://www.linkedin.com/company/nswcustomerservice/about/ to learn more about us:
In addition, see why you should work for NSW at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/why-work-for-nsw
How to Apply!
Your application must include a covering letter and an up-to-date resume that details your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the above role, demonstrating your capability against the focus capabilities of the role.
Please submit your CV via this link. APPLY HERE (5 page maximum) with a maximum two page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the focus capabilities of the role.
Click Here to access the Role Description. For enquiries relating to recruitment please contact Nicola Hogan via Nicola.Hogan@customerservice.nsw.gov.au.
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for future temporary or ongoing vacancies in roles with similar capability requirements.
|Organisation/Entity:||Department of Customer Service|
|Job Category:||Administration and Clerical|
|Job Location:||Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley / Gosford, Central Coast and Region|
|Job Reference Number:||req11933|
|Total Remuneration Package:||$85,744-$94,610|
|Contact:||Nicola Hogan - 0293729150|
|Closing Date:||20/07/2021 - 09:59 AM|
|Targeted / Identified:||-|