Expressions of Interest – Regulatory Services Officer
Fantastic local government compliance/investigation job in central Queensland. Investigate local laws, animal management and council matters during the week, and go whale watching on the weekend! A certificate IV in Government Investigation will be great for this role.
About The Opportunity
To build Australia’s best regional community we are establishing Australia’s best Regulatory Services team.
Your role as a Regulatory Services Officer, you will have to balance both an educational and enforcement approach to ensuring protection, promotion and improvement of public safety for the community within the Bundaberg Region. You will have a key role in animal management and local law compliance and will undertake discussions, investigations and negotiations with the public in a positive and professional manner in order to help ensure the community understands and complies with public safety legislation. You will conduct scheduled inspections of approved or regulated animals and daily patrols for local law, animal related and regulated parking offences. Once fully trained you will need to participate in the ‘on-call’ roster including afterhours and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and problem solve effectively
- Excellent written communication skills in taking accurate investigation notes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting an investigation and enforcement of Local Government legislation in particular to Animal Management and Local Laws.
- Demonstrated computer operational skills and knowledge including the use of electronic infringement software, devices and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of animal management, animal husbandry including cattery and kennel maintenance, disease control and animal hygiene, local laws and parking regulations.
- Demonstrated communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills including the area of problem solving and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both on your own, with a partner and within a team environment
- Availability to work outside normal operating hours and in accordance with the section’s roster
- Ability to undertake manual handling duties involved with the role
- Hold a ‘C’ Class driver’s licence
- Live and uphold the Council’s values
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including regular long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
We offer more: To view our full range of benefits, rewards and recognition, click here.
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community’s rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment Medical (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Please note this is an Expression of Interest only and only shortlisted candidates who meet the role requirements will be contacted.
To apply or find out more about the position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button where you will be redirected to our website to answer our questionnaire, followed by attaching your resume.
|Job Category||General Investigations, Government Investigators, Investigator, Private Investigators, Regulation|