Great opportunity to use your investigative skills… in a fantastic location!
$74K – $80K Total Remuneration Package
$66K – $72K Base Salary
Vacancy No: 2211
Max-Term – Full-time (June 2023)
Applications close: Sunday, 20 March 2022 11:59pm AEST
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live and work than on the Sunshine Coast, especially with an outstanding organisation like Sunshine Coast Council.
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region – Healthy, Smart, and Creative, council is at the forefront of delivering a number of region-shaping projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
Customer Response Branch ensure the education, safety and amenity of the Sunshine Coast community.
The role of Illegal Dumping Officer is to conduct investigations and surveillance of illegal dumping activities in an effective and efficient manner and to promote education and awareness of illegal dumping.
Please note, the position title for this role as per Council’s organisational structure is Illegal Dumping Officer – Customer Response.
Key duties include –
- Investigate illegal dumping incidents within the Sunshine Coast Council area in a timely and efficient manner
- Accurately interpret legislation and prepare professional correspondence and records
- Conduct active patrols and undertake surveillance of identified illegal dumping hotspots to ensure the collection of relevant evidence
- Undertake interviews with witnesses and persons of interest in relation to illegal dumping incidents
- Organise clean-ups of illegal dumping sites
- Attend and provide evidence in Court as necessary
- Participate and assist in waste education workshops with relevant stakeholders
As a requirement of this role, you will possess experience in investigations, statutory compliance or equivalent.
- You will be a strong communicator and possess excellent customer service skills
- You will be able to prepare standard business correspondence, as well as possess the skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- You will possess strong time management and organisation skills, with the ability to effectively plan and establish priorities, monitor workflows and ensure relevant timeframes are met
- Posession of Certificate IV or above in Government Investigations (Regulatory Compliance) and Training in Asbestos Awareness would be highly regarded.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and dedicated workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- 9-day fortnight – to support your enjoyment of the lifestyle benefits Sunshine Coast has to offer.
- Salary Packaging
- Pay you 17.5% loading when taking annual leave (4 weeks entitlement per year)
How to apply
Your written application should include:
- a 1-2 page cover letter detailing your suitability for the role in Council including your ability to fulfil the key responsibilities and requirements on the Position Profile, including details of any specific or mandatory qualifications; and
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Once you have these two documents ready, click ‘Apply for this job’ and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2021-2025.
For specific enquiries contact Brett Panter during business hours on 0488 981 173.
We’re working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse community we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Recruitment Team email@example.com.
At Sunshine Coast Council, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background including First Nations, disability, religion and sexual orientation. To deliver the best service to our region we want a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Sunshine Coast Council strongly encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.