Another top local government role here, this time in Illegal Dumping. These types of investigations can be challenging and rewarding, where you have the opportunity to utilise all your good investigative skills! You’ll conduct surveillance of illegal dumping hotspot locations by routine inspections, undertake investigations of illegal dumping within the community, collect and record evidence, collate data and take the appropriate compliance and/or enforcement actions to ensure compliance with statutory obligations.
A certificate IV in government investigation is most applicable to a role like this.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Health, Investigations or similar.
- General level of knowledge and understanding of legislation including the Environmental Protection Act, Local Government Act, Planning Act, Waste Reduction and Recycling Act, State Penalties Enforcement Act and other Acts relevant to the role.
- General level of knowledge of the principles, concepts and challenges faced by illegal dumping in regional areas, with the ability to provide recommendations.
- Ability to review, interpret and analyse information including legislation, technical reports, standards and policies.
- Sound level of professional judgment and discretion to determine appropriate compliance action when work practices are available and not defined or in time pressured situations.
- General level communication skills, including the ability to engage with people from a range of backgrounds to raise awareness of evolving issues of illegal dumping.
- Current unrestricted Queensland “C” class drivers’ licence.
- Authorised Persons card (TCC) or ability to obtain.
- Asbestos awareness training or ability to obtain.
Click here to apply.