This is a great opportunity to really showcase your investigative skills. Illegal dumping is a real issue, particularly in rural and regional council areas. These are the types of investigations that you can sink you teeth into and get a good outcome for the environment!
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia’s best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
As an Illegal Dumping Officer your role is important to both the community and the environment and can be both challenging and very rewarding as you instigate enforcement, education and awareness strategies to reduce illegal dumping, as well as;
- Conduct regular surveillance of illegal dumping hotspots and develop and instigate enforcement and behaviour change strategies to reduce illegal dumping in these areas.
- Investigate illegal dumping complaints in a timely and effective manner, gather evidence of the person dumping and arrange for the prompt clean-up of illegal dumping sites.
- Work with Council’s Communications team to create and implement awareness, behaviour change/education campaigns including advertising, signage and media content.
- Provide a detailed monthly report, using a report template, to demonstrate the extent of illegal dumping and actions taken during that period.
- Live and uphold Council’s values
- An interest in the environment and a passion to reduce illegal dumping in the Bundaberg Region
- An understanding of both education and enforcement as effective tools to reduce illegal dumping
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills to ensure the best outcomes
- Demonstrated organisational skills with ability to plan workload, achieve set goals and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated high level skills with computers and office related software.
- A current C class driver’s
What We Offer:
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supportive team
We offer more: To view our full range of benefits, rewards and recognition, click here.
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment Medical (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
For further details regarding desirable requirements for the roles please refer to : Illegal Dumping Officer | Bundaberg Regional Council (applynow.net.au)
|Job Category||Community Roles, Complaints, General Investigations, Surveillance|