Here’s an interesting jobs with RACQ in Queensland.
RACQ is as much a part of QLD as our people. Together we exist to make life better for each other, our members, and every Queenslander, through finding better and smarter ways of doing things. We’re big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
Investigator | Counter Fraud & Investigations Unit
About the Role
We are looking for an Investigator to join our Counter Fraud & Investigations team. This role ensures that fraud investigations and breaches of Policy conditions are carried out when required and in an appropriate manner. At all times adhering to our members expectations and ensuring we are meeting our obligations under the General Insurance Code of Practice (GICOP) and ASIC expectations.
It is important that our genuine members can rely on the fact that RACQ as an insurer will prevent and investigate insurance fraud with efficiency and limit the losses that may be incurred by our members as a result of fraudulent claims.
You will interview members and third parties over the telephone, investigate all issues and assess all evidence in regard to the underwriting and the claims of all classes of Insurance in a manner consistent with the Investigation Standards. Maintaining close liaison with Police including extracts from and obtaining of police reports and assisting with Police Investigations as required. You will also attend court as a witness in regard to RACQ Insurance claims as and when required.
You will also be responsible for compiling reports and making recommendations on investigation outcomes for claims owners including recommendations for legal and underwriting action. As well as this you will provide support to Senior Investigators and provide support for the Manager Investigations and Investigations Unit as required including but not limited to storage of exhibits, mail, administration and uploading requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a claim’s environment and/or investigations unit
- Ability to learn investigative techniques and methodology
- Knowledge of Insurance Code of Practice and Policy principles
- Investigation technology knowledge
- Strong customer service skills including stakeholder management
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in effective use of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate computer literacy (experience in using Claims Center, Policy Center and/or MRM will be highly regarded)
Why join RACQ?
RACQ is committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you, and how we can help you find your balance.
It is an exciting time to be part of RACQ as we continue our transformation towards better, smarter solutions that deliver more security and prosperity for Queenslanders. We are big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development
There are plenty of other perks too;
- 20% discount on insurance (home & contents, motor vehicle, boat & pet) for you and immediate family living with you, and other immediate family can get 10% discounts. In addition, life & income protection insurance premium discounts are available.*
- Banking benefits include discounted home loan interest rates and no establishment fees, and additional interest on term deposits.*
- WeFlex is RACQ’s commitment to providing a flexible work environment that balances the needs of employees, RACQ and members. That may include hybrid working arrangements including working from home or from alternative RACQ offices.
- Complimentary roadside Assistance membership and discounts on motor vehicle batteries and windscreen repairs and tinting.
- Accommodation and Travel discounts at RACV Royal Pines GC, RACV Noosa, RACV Hobart, discounted tickets for Qld and interstate theme parks and attractions
* Eligible RACQ employees only. Discounts and benefits subject to change.
What is it like to work at RACQ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeeRzRZZsHs
Ready to apply? You’ve got this.
At RACQ we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to create better outcomes for our employees and our members. We are particularly focused on building our cultural, gender, disability, and LGBTIQA+ inclusivity. Candidates from these and other diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please Note; you may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process
RACQ is a ‘Circle Back Initiative’ employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
60 Edward Street