Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join the local government sector with Australia’s biggest council.
Req ID: 604252
Personnel Area: Lifestyle and Communication Services
Branch: Compliance and Regulatory Services
Salary Range: AUD $79,321 to $90,552 plus superannuation Remuneration stated is for full-time positions
Work type: Temporary Full-time
Duration: Up to 30/06/2022 with possibility of extension
Three great opportunities based at Green Square, Fortitude Valley
About the Team:
The Enforcement Team forms part of the wider Compliance and Regulatory Services (CARS) Branch. The dedicated team offers a wide range of high-level investigative services in relation to over 60 pieces of legislation including State and subordinate legislation, and a broad range of local government related laws. We are committed to delivering the highest standard of investigation and prosecution brief development through the consistent application of best practice, operational excellence, transparent and reliable customer focused solutions to enable, protect and lead the community.
About the Roles:
Three exciting temporary Investigator opportunities are now available within the Enforcement Team to commence as soon as possible with the possibility of extension. In this role you will be provided an opportunity to apply your high level written and oral communication skills, your ability to read, interpret and apply legislation to a range of investigative matters, including offences under the Building Act 1975, Planning Act 2016, Food Act 2006, Environmental Protection Act 1994, Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008, Public Health Act 2005, and local government legislation.
Your enquiring mind, commitment to truth and best outcomes, coupled with strong written and communication skills will enable you to undertake a range of duties including:
- Conducting investigations, compiling briefs of evidence, and appearing in court to give evidence where necessary
- obtaining statements from complainants and witnesses, conducting electronic records of interview with potential offenders
- completion of search warrant applications, swear search warrant applications at Court and executing search warrants for a wide variety of investigative matters
- undertaking WHS risk assessments and Operational Orders, briefings, and debriefings
- providing accurate, consistent, and high-quality customer focused advice, whilst educating stakeholders on development assessment and compliance responsibilities
- demonstrating your highly developed verbal and written communication skills to provide reports, progress updates and findings of investigations
- identifying trends, analysis and contributing to effective delivery of enforcement planning and activity.
We pride ourselves on working together to provide quality customer focused outcomes and achieving team goals. We are a passionate and multidisciplinary team that is changing to reflect the needs of our customers. You will also have an opportunity to work with the wider CARS community, conducting site visits and assessments.
Working in Council means delivering excellent customer service to the people of Brisbane.
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply‘ button to view the position description via the Council site and to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter (cover letter of no more than one page addressed to Ms Jo Poloni) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a Criminal History Check.
Read about the great benefits of working for Council:
- Flexible work arrangements
- competitive salary, superannuation and generous leave provisions
- access to free gym, end of trip cycle facilities and wellness focus
- positive and collaborative working environment
- fun and passion to serve a purpose for our community and City.
Council’s diverse and inclusive workforce helps make Brisbane a great place to live, work and relax.
For more information: Please call Jo Poloni on 07 3178 7783.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th March 2021 at 11:59pm AEST
Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace where our people represent the diverse communities we serve, are supported, and can feel safe. Council has been awarded Employer of the Year at the National Disability Awards and since 2018 has been recognised with ‘Gold Employer’ status from the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.