Multiple jobs at the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). You’ll conduct investigations into possible breaches of the energy laws and regulations, assess matters against legislation: gather, interpret and analyse evidence for potential contraventions of the energy laws and rules; and develop compliance, enforcement and resolution strategies for recommendation to.
Under broad direction from your supervisor, you will:
- Contribute to the analysis, research and assessment of potential contraventions of energy laws and rules
- Support your team to investigate potential non-compliance, and interpret legislation to assess potential contraventions of energy laws and rules
- Draft case theory and theory of harm, assist in review of court documents
- Assist in identifying logical next steps and the most suitable resolution for investigations
- Assist in drafting a range of written material for a wide audience including, correspondence, minutes, briefings, requests for legal advice, witness statements, Committee and Board papers to present recommendations and analysis
- Work flexibly as part of teams across a range of projects at the same time and across geographic locations
- Contribute to the development and implementation of risk-based compliance initiatives to achieve efficient and effective outcomes that raise awareness, clarify obligations and influence business compliance
- Keep accurate, thorough and functional records, including capturing documents in information management systems
- Work as part of a team or independently, across multiple projects in a geographically dispersed work environment
- Build and sustain productive and positive relationships with team members and internal stakeholders
- Identify, collect and analyse data and other material in a timely way to inform specific activities in the energy sector.
Click here for more information.