Not exactly an investigative role but there’s a level of analytics and enquiry required for this one! Do you like to snoop? This role is with the police and involves monitoring of electronic surveillance. In layman’s terms, that means secretly listening in on phone calls! You’ll be required to be attentive, think quickly and analyse information fast.
Your Key Accountabilities will include:
– Perform TI monitoring duties in strict compliance with relevant legislation and QPS policies and procedures.
– Analyse and process raw information, including audio, text and data content, and summarise succinctly into accurate and timely operational advice for investigators and other QPS specialist areas.
– Work in a highly dynamic and sensitive operational environment requiring a high level of confidentiality.
– Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of criminal investigation practices and procedures, intelligence gathering processes and the use of technical equipment and computer systems used in the TI process.
– Identify operational information and timely intelligence of interest and communicate to shift supervisors, investigators and other specialist personnel, as required.
– Provide general advice to investigators of TI requirements in accordance with the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979 (Cwlth) and the Telecommunications Interception Act 2009 (Qld).
– Maintain a high level of integrity at all times and actively contribute towards the physical security of the TIU facility, including resources, lawfully intercepted information, warrant information and operational methodologies.
– Undertake telecommunications call summaries and transcription duties.