Even parking officers are investigators. Think of many of the subjects undertaken in the cert III Investigative Services and the cert IV Investigation. Parking breaches still require adequate investigations and defended matters require briefs of evidence.
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia’s most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia’s most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Parking Compliance Officers
Permanent Part Time and Relief List Opportunities
Salary from $69,664.86 up to $77,316 per annum pro rata plus superannuation
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 22023
Are you a customer-focused self-starter who enjoys working outdoors?
We are looking for energetic Parking Compliance Officers to join our Regulation + Enforcement team! In this role you will focus primarily on:
- Vehicle parking compliance and enforcement (on and off street)
- Assist in a range of compliance and enforcement functions including abandoned motor vehicles
- Illegal signs
- Footpath obstructions
- Minor environmental complaints such as littering
You will also be responsible for investigating related complaints and taking appropriate compliance and enforcement action where required.
What’s on offer:
- One permanent part time position available, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- A relief list to fill casual and temporary placements on an as-needs basis.
In your application, please specify if you are applying for the part time position, relief list or both.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
You will possess high level conflict resolution and communication skills, work well independently and as part of a team and possess a high level of resilience. We are looking for applicants that want to join a dynamic environment. We promote a “One Team” culture and employees are encouraged to bring out the best in each other through support and inclusiveness.
Applicants must be physically capable to conduct foot patrols for extended periods and possess a current driver’s licence. In addition, you must be prepared to work within a roster including Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays and school holidays and be contactable via mobile.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Click ‘apply‘ to be redirected to councils e-recruitment page
For further information regarding this position contact Stu Boyle, Compliance and Regulation Coordinator on (02) 4227 7587
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close Monday 11:59pm 14 March 2022.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
|Job Category||Compliance, Inspections, Local Laws|