Many police forces across the country have civianised custody duties. In this role – with VicPol – you’ll be responsible for managing people in custody, taking them to court and ensuring duty of care. This type of role is a great start into the Justice system, where a Certificate IV in Justice Studies would help!
The responsibilities of the PCO role will be:
- Perform all duties relating to the management of persons in the custody of Victoria Police
- Ensure the health, wellbeing, safety and supervision of persons in custody, staff and visitors
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding the management, transport, offsite attendance and/or video links for persons in custody
- Carry out all prisoner management functions in accordance with established legislation, policies and procedures, including preparing routine correspondence, attendance registers, creation of reports and other administrative tasks as required
- Supervise persons in custody of the court
Click here for more info.