“Not strictly an investigative role but another example of an entry level opportunity into the industry. Our range of certificate level courses, including our upcoming certificate IV in Justice, would be beneficial”
– Conduct observations of the interior and exterior of Government buildings and facilities, in addition to undertaking general inspection duties, and other special duties related to the various work groups within Protective Services to ensure a high level of security is maintained.
– Operate specialised security equipment and, when required, exercise the powers authorised under the State Buildings Protective Security Act 1983.
– Provide back-up assistance to other Protective Services officers, particularly in critical incident situations.
– Control the entering of personnel to, and parking of vehicles on, Government and designated property in accordance with policies and procedures.
– Detect and report fires and other building hazards and assist in the emergency evacuation of Government buildings.
– Undertake activities and responsibilities in accordance with various procedural and policy manuals and the State Buildings Protective Security Act 1983.
– Ensure the quality and appropriateness of all communications with clients and members of the public are maintained at a high standard.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD/382595/21
|Job Category||Inspections, Security|