Head to the bush and use your investigative skills in local government. Everything from animal control, investigating dog attacks, local laws investigations and the like.
Do you have demonstrated experience in a regulatory, compliance, enforcement, local laws, animal management or vector control role? Can you develop effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholder? If so, Charters Towers Regional Council is looking for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council Rangers are responsible for influencing community compliance through responsive, efficient and effective investigating, monitoring and enforcing of animal management, local law and other state legislative requirements. Council Rangers also assist in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, improved communication and greater service delivery as well as providing support to other areas of Council as requested to contribute to the efficient operation of the organisation.
As with all positions the incumbent must model and comply with the values and standards as set out in Council’s Corporate Plan and undertake the role in accordance with corporate governance and current legislation.
The successful candidate will have:
| Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities |
- Demonstrated experience in a regulatory, compliance, enforcement, local laws, animal management or vector control role.
- Sound understanding of Council local laws and other state legislation or ability to rapidly acquire.
- Ability to exercise judgement and initiative where procedures are not clearly defined and ability to identify inefficiencies and provide business improvement solutions.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including a high level of verbal and written communication ability, and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work effectively under general supervision either individually or as part of a team with good time management skills and the ability to determine work priorities.
- Demonstrated computer skills with a working knowledge of a wide range of applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and other related programs).
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices, with the ability to identify, resolve and report workplace health and safety issues appropriately.
| Essential Licences |
- Possession and maintenance of a Queensland ‘C’ Class Driver Licence.
11:59pm Wednesday 28 July 2021.
Late applications will only be accepted at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit a detailed cover letter introducing yourself, outline your interest in the position and how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the essential position requirements as outlined in the “About You” section.
Submit a Word version of your CV via this link
|Job Category||Community Roles, Ranger|
|Employment Status:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Salary Range:||$2,217.30 gross per fortnight.|