Here’s a great opportunity for investigators wishing to do animal cruelty investigations. The RSPCA (in most states) are the lead agency for these types of investigations and the work, while challenging, is very rewarding. Perfect for those holding a Certificate IV in Government (Investigations). It’s a preferred qualification!
About RSPCA NSW:
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals New South Wales (RSPCA NSW) is a not-for-profit animal welfare organisation. We provide a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. RSPCA NSW is committed to the care and welfare of animals, providing extensive professional facilities, including fully equipped veterinary hospitals and our state-wide shelter network, with approximately 500 staff across NSW to care for animals.
Culture & Benefits:
- A broad range of leave entitlements including 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services and education programs
- Generous discount on products and services, including pet food, retail and vet clinic products and services
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role
- Fully maintained company car
About the Role:
Reporting to the Inspector Team Leader, you will adhere to legislation, established operating procedures and orders for officer safety. In your region which includes Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains and part of the Illawarra, you will:
- Undertake investigations and attend assigned complaints
- Manage workload through accurate notebook entries and timely system processing
- Engage in a positive and solution-oriented manner with members of the public and other stakeholders
- Represent the RSPCA NSW in a positive manner
- Focus on an educational approach, while keeping in mind the wellbeing of the animals
- Collaborate with other departments, especially shelters and veterinary clinics
You will have the confidence to interact with both individuals and groups of all shapes and sizes and will possess strong time management and organisational skills. Plus:
- Experience in investigations and preferably Cert IV in Government (Investigation)
- Demonstrated experience with companion animals and livestock
- An unwavering commitment to animal well-being, and the principles of the RSPCA
- Resilience in dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to perform physical duties, including ability to lift 20 kgs
- Full NSW Class C drivers’ licence
- Firearms licence and be appointed as an Officer under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979 (or ability to obtain both)
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to send in your resume.
RSPCA NSW is an equal opportunity employer that understands and values the importance of creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process for people with a disability. If you require an adjustment or assistance during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of adjustment or assistance you are requesting. Our HR team will respond to your email promptly.