RSPCA WA General Inspector – Animal Welfare
Love animals? Here’s a great role in animal welfare protection in Western Australia. The RSPCA are the country’s lead agency in investigating animal cruelty.
This is our key front-line role in responding to reports of animal cruelty based in metropolitan Perth. The Inspector reports to the Inspector Manager and works as part of a dedicated team whose efforts are directed at preventing animal cruelty through public education programs, investigating public reports and prosecuting offenders who breach the Animal Welfare Act.
This role is full-time, 38 hours per week, based in the metro area on a fixed term 12-month contract. A trainee role will be considered, but ideally looking for a candidate with relevant/prior regulatory experience.
- Respond to public reports of alleged animal cruelty & emergency welfare situations
- Identify & action immediate solutions to protect the health & well-being of animals
- Work with local communities and existing charity rescue groups
- Conduct investigations to establish evidence to support prosecutions
- Work with RSPCA WA’s Legal Counsel to enable prosecutions
- Setting up and liaising with RSPCA auxiliary
- Actively participate in community engagement to deliver preventative strategies
- Engage with & educate members of the public to enhance responsible animal ownership
- Initial set up and working with foster carers
Skills & experience
- Experience in a regulatory, law enforcement or compliance discipline desirable
- Sound understanding of the Animal Welfare Act
- Practiced and objective investigator, with exceptional record keeping
- Outstanding communication skills, with an ability to maintain professionalism in tough situations
- Demonstrated animal handling skills, good physical fitness & health
|Job Category||Animal Control, Investigator|