Love animals? Who doesn’t! A great role here for a Senior Animal Ranger in Victoria with local government.
You’ll work with the community with regard to policies and legislation governing animal management, local laws, litter and the environment while enforcing legislative controls relating to domestic animals, local law activity, land use, school crossing supervision and civic compliance.
The primary objectives of the position include:
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of animal management and amenity standards within the municipality, through the enforcement of legislative controls relating to: animalcontrol, local law activity, land use,school crossing supervision and public safety.
- To provide advice and assistance to members of the community and general public in regard to policies and legislation governing animal management, Council local laws and matters of public safety.
- Investigating dog attacks/rushes and other complex matters under the Domestic Animal Act 1994.
- Contribute to Councils animal management service which includes containing loose dogs, livestock and ensuring that regulations and codes of practices are adhered to by animal owners and Domestic Animal Businesses.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Councils Domestic Animal Management Plan.
Click here to apply.