Not everyone’s cup of tea, but this role is responsible for investigation tax liability, levies, grants and subsidies on behalf of the state revenue office.
Location: Melbourne | CBD
Job type: Not provided
Organisation: State Revenue Office
Salary: $87,640 – $99,438
Occupation: Regulatory Governance and Compliance
At least 7 Senior Investigator Grade 4 positions are being offered in the Investigations Melbourne Branch, Compliance Division, in Melbourne.
Senior Investigator – Investigations Branch, Melbourne – Ongoing and Fixed Term
- At least six (6) ongoing roles and at least one fixed term role
- Salary $87,640 plus 10% superannuation – VPS Grade 4
- Based in Melbourne CBD
The State Revenue Office
We administer a range of taxes, duties, levies, grants and subsidies on behalf of the Victorian Government. The revenue we collect funds essential services including health care, education and social infrastructure.
Committed to excellence, customer service and developing our people, we offer a collaborative and rewarding culture valuing teamwork and high performance. In return, you’ll benefit from professional staff development, giving you the opportunity to learn, influence and contribute to your future and to the State Revenue Office.
This role, within a team of investigators, undertakes activities designed to maximise compliance with Victoria’s revenue laws. Grade 4 investigators are responsible for conducting more complex and sensitive audits and investigations across multiple revenue lines. Investigators plan, lead, conduct, monitor and report on complex investigation activities and associated actions, as well as guiding and mentoring other investigators in relation to their audits and investigations.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting complex and sensitive investigations across multiple revenue lines with minimal guidance.
- Quantifying customers’ tax liabilities and explain to them the reasons for the decisions made as part of an investigation.
- Negotiating appropriate outcomes with customers.
- Producing accurate, clear and concise reports on investigation findings.
- Assisting in the professional development of less experienced investigators by mentoring, supporting, advising and guiding them.
The ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A demonstrated record of achievement as an investigator in a revenue or taxation environment.
- Experience in interpreting and applying complex legislation.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to conduct research and devise innovative and effective solutions under strict deadlines.
- Proven interpersonal, presentation and customer service skills to consult and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed coaching and mentoring skills.
For more information, please read the position description or contact George Doukas, Area Manager, Investigations Melbourne, on 03 9628 6201.
If you need a copy of this advertisement and attachments in an accessible format, such as large print, please email email@example.com.
To be considered for this role you must submit:
- a completed application form (attached), and
- a current resume,
via this website by 5pm on Friday 28 July 2021.
- As part of our selection process, we conduct pre-appointment checks including those related to references, identity, qualifications, work history, work visa, and police record history.
- There will be a probation review.
- If you are viewing this advertisement on Seek, the position description and application form are available via the ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Apply on Company Site’ buttons.
Submit a Word version of your CV via this link
|Job Category||Code of Conduct, Senior Investigators, Workplace Investigations|