Senior Investigator (Mining WHS)
Here’s another great investigation role in work health and safety! You be responsible for Investigating incidents resulting in, or giving rise to a risk of, serious injury or death and other complex work health and safety (WHS) issues in the NSW mining industry.
Having both your certificate IV in government investigations and certificate IV in work health and safety would hold you in good stead for this one!
As the Senior Investigator, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Investigating incidents resulting in, or giving rise to a risk of, serious injury or death and other complex work health and safety (WHS) issues in the NSW mining industry including:
- forensic examination and recording of incident scenes
- interviewing witnesses and WHS duty holders from workers through to officers
- drafting regulatory notices compelling the provision of information and documents and answers to questions
- detailed analysis of evidence to identify causes of an incident and breaches of WHS duties
- Preparing audience focused, professional and high-quality investigation reports setting out:
- factual matters
- relevant WHS duties and potential breaches
- the level of compliance with WHS duties
- reasonably practicable measures available to control WHS risks
- Ethically exercising the powers of an Inspector under the WHS Act 2011 and related legislation
- Assisting in the development of content for material published for the benefit of industry including investigation information releases, investigation reports and animations
- Participating in prosecution proceedings, including:
- Preparation of quality briefs of evidence
- Review of legal advice and legal documents to initiate prosecution proceedings
- Preparation of statements
- Giving evidence in complex proceedings.
Click here to apply.