This investigators position sits in local government planning. Investigators can be found in most areas of government and what’s important – was well as the tech nicad skills in the relevant field – is the ability to investigate, which are the same.
Who we are
We’re an efficient, experienced and supportive team, our branch is an award-winning team of planners, plumbers, engineers, investigators, analysts and administrators who love coming to work every day! Our workplace is dynamic, challenging and incredibly rewarding. The culture is built on respect, resilience, enjoyment, excellence and authenticity. Together we drive the change that is transforming Logan into a prosperous and sustainable city of the future.
Our team supports quality land use planning and compliance in Logan City through the effective management of illegal land use activities arising from residential and commercial premises across the city. To investigate and manage land use activities through the timely enforcement of development conditions and environmental laws, and continuous improvement to the Logan Planning Scheme. At Logan City Council we value the connections we build with customers, industry and the community.
Things you’ll be proud of
- Be part of the decision-making process relating to the illegal land use compliance work and assist our community with positive development outcomes
- You’ll work in a team and business that genuinely cares about and promotes a culture of workplace safety and wellbeing
- You’ll be part of a close-knit, dedicated team of skilled workers and professionals
- We get great feedback from customers, the work you’ll do has a positive impact on our community
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment
- Land Use Investigation Officer role from $67K + super
- Senior Land Use Investigation Officer roles from $83K + super
- Opportunities to further your studies in obtaining Cert IV in Government Investigations
- Salary Packaging options
- On-site coffee shop
- Free on-site parking (Logan Central Office)
Who you are
Sure, we’re looking for experienced and competent Land Use Investigation Officers, but you’ll also be a pro-active thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude who keeps the community at the heart of all they do. However, more important than experience, we’re looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- You’re excited to work in an award-winning branch, committed to excellence in planning and development
- Working in an environment of empowerment, where autonomy and self-development appeals to you
- Industry knowledge and experience in the development industry with technical training related to the development industry is desirable
- Demonstrated customer service focus, including high level analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills including the proven ability to resolve complex investigations, negotiate outcomes and effectively manage complex investigations
- Use your investigation strategies to ensure the integrity of Council’s response to land use related complaints
- You have the ability to apply knowledge of legislations that are relevant to the planning and development industry including Planning Act 2016, Environmental Protection Act 1994, Local Government Act 2009 and relevant Local Laws and bylaws to negotiate with stakeholders to ensure compliance
- Have a good understanding of regulatory frameworks, in particular the ability to interpret statutes, policies, regulations and guidelines relating to local government licensing and regulatory compliance in Queensland
- Demonstrate the behavioural traits of transparency, integrity, and sound decision-making
In addition to the above to be considered for the senior role:
- Proven track record in leadership skill with exposure to leading/mentoring general team operations, recruitment, induction, training, performance management, and managing administrative complaints and right to information enquiries is highly desirable
Please view the position description HERE and If you’d like some more information about the role, send an email to our hiring manager, Sherry Yan (Acting Development Operations Program Leader) on SherryYan@logan.qld.gov.au
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of 13th February 2022.
|Job Category||Government Investigators, Planning, Policy, Regulation|