Not strictly investigation related, but here’s an opportunity to put into practice all the skills in exhibit management from your certificate!
The Australian Federal Police (AFP – NSW Region) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a vacancy as a Team Member Operational Support, Property and Exhibits Registry.
The role predominantly supports investigations through the maintenance of a secure evidence storage facility, management of exhibits and miscellaneous property in accordance with AFP legislative requirements.
Registrars manage exhibit lodgements in and out of the Registry via an electronic property system, ensuring all property movement transactions are appropriately logged for continuity.
There is a physical element to this role involving manual handling of a range of items. Warehousing /Store person experience and knowledge would be beneficial to the role.
As a Team Member in the AFP you will be required to contribute to the achievement of outcomes in accordance with the regulatory framework, the AFP Code of Conduct and the AFP Governance Instruments. It is expected that the successful applicant will deliver on the core responsibilities and meet any requirements of the position as outlined below.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake a range of operational support tasks;
- Undertake project or minor research work to support AFP business;
- Utilise AFP systems to interrogate, input, collate and retrieve data;
- Make sound decisions and achieve outcomes; and
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly across a number of functional portfolios when required.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in delivering multiple administrative support services in a busy office environment. They will have excellent attention to detail and be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. You will be required to address the Selection Criteria and provide examples of your work and the impact your efforts made.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
Desirable requirements, skills or experience:
- Heavy vehicle license
- Forklift or walkie stacker experience
- Experience working within a warehouse
- Have previously been employed as a general auditor, records management, pick and packer or store person.
- Currently holds any of the following certificates; First Aid, Chemical and Manual Handling,
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a negative vetting 1 (Secret) security clearance prior to commencing employment. This process is undertaken post interview.
- All AFP Employees must have received at least one dose of an authorised COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021 and two doses by 14 February 2022, unless a medical exemption has been granted by the AFP. Satisfactory proof of vaccination status will be required before an offer of employment is made.
- This advertisement is to fill current vacancies and create a merit pool for ongoing vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months.
- This position is located in Sydney, NSW. Successful applicants must be willing to relocate to Sydney at their own expense.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at:
Refer to the ‘Advice for Applicants’ section on the job ad
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
To obtain more information about the position please contact Ashley Hulme on (02) 5126 2128 or Ashley.Hulme@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 02 March 2022.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.